LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) Programs in Florida denotes a big step from the educational world that leads to the grooming career options and job openings in all over the nation. The demand for the nursing staff is a problem that is being faced by the nation from several years. With aging and wheeling time more and more facilities are being established in various states but the required nursing facilities have not met the mark yet. Licensed Practical Nurse or, you can also spiel as Licensed Vocational Nurses (LVN) are highly skilled nursing members under the supervision of Registered Nurses.
Procedure for LPN/LVN Certification:-
- You must be a High school Graduate/GED
- You need to have a minimum GPA of 2.5 or higher. (some training schools also allow 2.0 GPA)
- After clearing the health assessment test and other documents, make a choice of the training facility (this depends on many factors. Search for a list of colleges in your region and then after analyzing the list, choose one wisely).
- Complete the 12 months (as in most cases) training and try for the NCLEX-PN examination.
- In case you fail, you can reappear for the exam during 45 days of completion of your training. Re-examination fee is $145.
The average salary of a LPN in Florida is $44867 per year and $19.44 per hour. You can enroll in a LPN-RN bridging program and go for higher certification. There are a number of such programs and you can easily get a financial aid for these programs. Training fee is higher in private training schools as compared to the public training facilities. The license needs to be renewed after every two years. License application and examination fee is $200. The job duties of an LPN include:
- Implement patient care.
- Evaluate patient care.
- Reporting of patient's health status.
- Maintaining patient's hygiene.
- Regular diagnosis and vital sign monitoring.
There are a number of training facilities in Florida. Some of them are listed as under:-
- Keiser Career College, Greenacres
- Americare School of Nursing
- Erwin Vocational Technical Center, Tampa
- Sigma Institute of Health Careers, Inc, Oakland Park
- Brevard Community College
- Ridge Technical Center, Winter Haven
- Cambridge Institute of Allied Health, Inc, Longwood
- Okaloosa Applied Technology Center, Ft Walton Beach
- Chipola College, Mariana
- Virginia College, Pensacola
- Coral Ridge Training School, Oakland Park Blvd.
- Dade County Miami-Lakes Technical Center
- Lake Technical Center, Eustis
- Daytona Beach Community College, Flagler Palm Coast
- Florida Community College at Jacksonville, Nassau Center
- Broward County Ely High School
- Florida National College, Miami
- Rose Training Institute, Winter Haven
- Gadsden Technical Institute, Quincy
- Charlotte County Technical Center, Port Charlotte
- Indian River Community College, Chastain
- Inlet Grove Community High School, Riviera Beach
- Brewster Technical Center
- Lorenzo Walker Institute of Technology, Naples
- Bethune Center Manatee Technical Institute, Bradenton
- MedVance Institute, Stuart
- Dade College, Miami
- North Florida Community College, Madison
- Palm Beach South Technical High School
- Pasco-Hernando Community College North Campus, Brooksville
Tampa Bay Technical High School, Tampa