Understanding Statistics for Business and Economics – by www.helpwithassignment.com Team
Statistics is an important subject at the University level. The relevance of the subject can be seen in large Corporations where the subject is utilized extensively for collecting, processing and understanding data. Even in computer programs like MS Office, Open Office and Google Documents, the application of spreadsheet software like MS Excel, Google Spreadsheet many statistical applications are utilized. This shows the dependency on Statistics by large Corporations and Governments.
Statistics in Business is the Science of Decision Making In The Face Of Uncertainty.
Therefore a prior knowledge and expertise in Statistics will make the future managers of a Corporation more scientific and analytical in approach.
What Is Statistics?
1. Collecting Data - e.g., Survey
2. Presenting Data - e.g., Charts & Tables
3. Characterizing Data - e.g., Average
The Application Areas of Statistics include
- Individual & Team Performances
- Consumer Preferences
- Financial Trends
There are 2 important types of Statistical Methods namely
• Descriptive Statistics – Involves Collecting Data, Presenting Data and Characterizing Data. The main purpose is to describe data
• Inferential Statistics – involves Estimation, Hypothesis and testing. The main purpose is to make decisions about population characteristics
At HelpWithAssignment.com we provide best quality Assignment help, Homework help, Online Tutoring and Thesis and Dissertation help as well. For any of the above services you can contact us at http://www.helpwithassignment.com/ and http://www.helpwithassignment.com/statistics-assignment-help You can follow us on our blogs at http://www.helpwithassignment.blogspot.com/ andhttp://www.helpwithassignment.wordpress.com/